Thursday, June 14, 2007

More Mustard


SO surprised me this morning while moving a couple of boxes. Seems one big box taking up space contained misc. items still packed from my law school apartment."Look what I found!"


Yep. The TWO unopened bottles of Beaver Deli Mustard that had 'gone missing' during the move. Wonder what he'll think when he finds out that my unreasonable dissatisfaction with a lesser-condiment resulted in a bulk order that Amazon now cheerfully advises they "are preparing for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed. Need information on returning an item?"

In my defense, we do have a romantic history with said mustard (an anniversary picnic at a Calif. winery, for goodness sake - we're not that strange!) . . . there were no single bottles available, other web sites proclaimed it to be unavailable and even Amazon commended my ingenuity in thinking beyond a single jar: ("Only 5 left in stock--order soon!) . They'll make lovely gifts if the recipients aren't overly finicky about plastic 12oz. squeeze bottles. It is good stuff. Bratwurst, anyone?

No comments: