Tuesday, May 15, 2007

That Whole 'Schedule Thing'

.
Not working so well. I overestimate how much, if anything - I can accomplish in a given period.

Example: Friday - up at 4am - pack - catch cab at 5am to fly standby on 6am flight. Thought process: I may have a lot to do when I get back to Dallas, but I will have a good 30 minutes on the shuttle to read - and at least 30 waiting for the flight to board - then later another 3-4 hours on the drive to Austin. And the 2 hour flight - can't forget that. Only 7 hours, but not bad for a busy day. And I probably won't get anything done on Saturday - breakfast with the family, getting ready for and attending the graduation (big family event), reception and dinner after . . . but that's okay! Most people take Sundays off when preparing for the bar - this week, I'll just let Saturday be my Sunday, and Sunday I will have all day long to study . . . even though a big chunk of it will be on the road - I can study on the way!

Reality: Airport - yawn, just can't wake up, then no time to study - plane boarding early.

Flight: Exhausted. Flip through SkyMall, then zone out.

Shuttle: High hopes here, but the driver tells celebrity-passenger stories & everyone's laughing.

Dallas: One appointment or errand after another - don't get on the road til nearly 5pm. Tired.

Drive: Do listen to 30 minutes of PMBR Torts, but conversation with SO predominates.

Saturday: Prediction absolutely correct. Day went pretty much according to plan. No study.

Sunday: 10am-10pm. Help beloved family member pack, load, transport, unload. No study.

Monday: Misc. busy-ness. Prepare to help BFM complete cross country move next weekend.

Tuesday: omigod, how many days have I missed?
9:30am: Blog.
10:00am: Will Begin to read for 3.0 hours followed by MBE questions, notes, outlines.
9:42 am: Wonder why they recommend 3 hrs of reading if passive reading is ineffective

No comments: